The Philae Temple is one of the most famous monuments of the city of Aswan. It is visited by many foreign tourists as well as Egyptians to learn about the history of Pharaonic Egypt and to see the huge and magnificent Pharaonic building.
Temple of Philae Location:
The temple of Phila is located on an island called the island of Agelica of Aswan city, and this island also includes the reservoir of low Aswan Dam, which is below Lake Nasser ..
– This ancient temple was located near the first Nile waterfall, but the water began to flood the site, it was decided to move this temple to a suitable place and dry to keep it from damage, so UNESCO has done a huge project to save the temple of Phila and dismantled and transferred parts to the island of Ijelica . This project was very complicated and difficult. It took nearly nine years to complete the transfer and installation. The temple was reopened in 1980 to the public.
BEST ASWAN TOURIST ATTRACTIONS:
– This temple was one of the holy temples from the time of the Pharaohs through the Greek, Roman and Byzantine times.
Journey inside the Philae Temple:
– In the beginning it is possible to enjoy a Nile trip until reaching the island of Agelika on which the temple is located and taking pictures of the picturesque nature of the city of Aswan.
– Arriving on the island, we advise you to make a walking tour until you reach the huge temple of Phila with the capture of many of the picture from the outside and see the fountains and drawings on the walls.
– When you enter the temple you will be amazed at the enormity of the building with the taking of photographs with the unique and amazing building.
– Do not forget to visit the Temple of Isis, built in honor of the goddess Isis, built in 690 BC.
– There are many sights that can be visited during our visit to the temple of Phila, such as the Trajan booth and the birth house and the first Nectanibo.
– It is possible to visit the Villa at night to enjoy the amazing sound and light performances.
The Temple of Philae:
BEST ASWAN TOURIST ATTRACTIONS Price Entry Temple of Philae:
The price of a ticket to enter the temple of Feila 50 Egyptian pounds per person.
The price of the ticket to enter the Philae temple for students is 25 Egyptian pounds.
The fare for foreigners is $ 10.
Visit dates of the Philae Temple:
The time to visit the Temple of Elephants is seven days a week, from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, and in the summer from May to September.
As for winter dates, the temple is available for visits from 7 am to 4 pm from October to April.
Hotels around Temple of Philae:
– Asma Hotel Aswan is located 4 km from the temple.
– Medici Max Hotel is a 6.5 km away from the temple.
Top 10 Luxor trip from hurghada Tourist Attractions:
- valley of the kings
- Hatshepsut temple
- Karnak temple
- Luxor temple
- Collossi of Memmnon
- Luxor museum
- Valley of the nobels
- Luxor West Bank
- Luxor Western Rites
- Flight of the Flying Baron
Best Hurghada Diving Sites in Hurghada Red Sea:
- Red Sea Relax – MY Mermaid Diving Centre in Hurghada Egypt
- diver’s world Diving Centre in Hurghada Egypt
- sundlex diving center in Hurghada Egypt
- Nurkowanie Diving Centre in Hurghada Egypt
- Divers Diving Centre in Hurghada Egypt
- DIVING FOREVER Diving Centre in Hurghada Egypt
- New Dino Diving Centre in Hurghada Egypt
- New Emperor Diving Center in Hurghada Egypt
- sea sound Diving Centre in Hurghada Egypt
- Diving Star Diving Centre in Hurghada Egypt